Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Tell Me Again, and Again, and Forever Again ... Hok Che Badme Toon

A couple of days ago I was listening to an arrangement, by Arpie Dadoyan, titled "Ov Bidi Lseh? Hok Che Yerke Toon", which loosely translates to: " Who will listen to you? but sing anyway". Well, just today, in my daily reading, I chanced upon the answer to Dadoyan's yearning clearly reflected in the following prophetic line of that said hymn. "... tell me the old, old story for those who know it best, hungering and thirsting to hear it like the rest." My take? -- When artistic expression of any human being is not conditionally forged upon a targeted audience's receptive embrace, the detachment from its results always attracts the most satiated souls out of the clouds to hearken, ad infinitum, the "same-old-story" with child-like wonder and glee. That my friends is, simply, beatific divine intervention. Just think! think!! need to think here.

No comments: